Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Are assistants tax deductible?

Summer is over. We didn't get a gentle send off into fall, we got "flung" into fall. Actually, we got "flung" into the almost winter and I demand a redo. How did it go from a boiling 99 degrees with 110% humidity to 51 degrees and wet? No one consulted me. I'd like two more weeks of summer, please. I'm manning this fort solo right now. It begrudges me to admit that my husband was actually a bit of help the last few months. I didn't realize how much crap there was to do around here until it's now all my crap to do. It's been raining for five days, and the lines that need to be drained don't care if it's wet or dry outside; they still fill right on up and into the indoors if they are left unattended. And the smell, ugh! I thought I might need an ark for as much as it's been raining lately, but maybe short of floating this place is more like an ark than I thought!
I made it home in time to "cook" dinner this evening. By "cook" I mean I made tuna helper, and the fact my kids didn't eat it did not make it very "helpful." I also still have yet to completely unpack from this previous weekend's adventure to the beach...which turned out to be nine people for three days in a condo and a tropical storm making landfall and spoiling the Labor Day festivities. It was three days RV free, so I'm honestly not complaining. We returned home in rain and storms that traveled up I65 our entire way home, forcing me to unload everyone in a downpour. Such an adventure.
Huh, I am honestly too tired to try to make this post humorous...better luck next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment