Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Don't ever mistake kindness for weakess...

My hopes were that for each place we get to live that we take in as much of the area and sights as possible. I'd say for living in Huntsville for 8 months, we've done pretty good so far. We visited the Cathedral Caverns back in the Spring, the Botanical Gardens a few times, the Space Center, the Museum of Art (for yoga, and that would be only me), and today- the Safari. Yes, I said Safari. A drive-thru adventure where wildlife literally invites itself into your car. I fought with a deer to keep possession of the feeding plastic cup I was given; he tugged, I tugged, we tugged, he won. An Alpaca who wanted to enjoy some of the, um, whatever food the people gave us to feed them was kicked by a Shetland pony who had decided the food was solely for him. He eventually made his way window to window, and along with slobbering yes- they do spit, he did receive a cupful of (apparently) delicious treats. We fed a camel, mini-horses, deer, sheep, bulls, tortoises, and emus. Lots of emus, and very aggressive are these animals. All in all much laughter was had and, to be honest, it was better than an average zoo and one thing I never considered I would experience in North Alabama.
Apparently it was a good thing we moved from North Carolina, as Hurricane Irene made her way along the Eastern seaboard starting yesterday. I'm pretty certain that an RV would not fare so well in a hurricane, though as my husband says, "our house has wheels, we can just move." Better not to chance it though. There was also an earthquake in Virginia a few days ago. But if your home has no foundation, there's nothing to crack!
This morning the husband warmed up the oven to make breakfast. As he pulled the oven door open, the handle fell off. And to get it back on properly we must disassemble the entire oven door to get to the place where the screw can be re-affixed into the handle! As I write this I am looking over at it, hanging limply on one side, and thinking how in the he$! did that come loose!?!? Unbelievable. What's more unbelievable is that when it broke, I wasn't the one doing the pulling!

No comments:

Post a Comment