Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In the beginning....

So we have lived in our "tubular home" for one week today. And in one week I have discovered that many things can go wrong that we did not plan to go wrong for a while. For starters, the RV has yet to be level. It leans to one side, so water collects in the floor of the shower. Which creates condensation. Which fogs up the windows. Which can lead to mold. Job one: get a dehumidifier. To which the salesman asks, "don't you mean humidifier?" No, I tell him, I do not. I need to remove humidity. So we removed humidity but still sleep tilted. Oh well, I guess it could always be worse, right? Secondly, the outlets inside randomly quit working. TJ gets frustrated trying to figure out why, I just giggle. I giggle because he's there to deal with it. Until today, that is. He's checking out of the USMC all week, going from building to building, in my car since it's below freezing and the bike is not a suitable transportation method at the moment. So I wake up today to hear, "the water lines froze. Gotta go." We have no running water today, no husband to fix it, and no car to escape with. Oh, and we have ZERO cell phone reception out here at the beach, so no phone calls either. What a joy. So I've yet to wash my face or brush my teeth, thinking I can wait it out until he gets home this afternoon. Wrong again. Mid cooking lunch for the boys I notice that it has gotten considerably cooler inside, and then the fire goes out under the pan. Propane is out. Of course it is. Okay. I put on my big girl undies, bundle up, and head outside. I switch propane tanks, turn off the water, and bring the hose inside to thaw out. Ice cubes are falling out of the hose, which I have placed in the shower to drain. Water soon? Maybe? And it's only 12:01......

No comments:

Post a Comment