Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Devil is in the Details....

Moving time yet again. Said our goodbyes to the company at the Christmas party last night, (the guys) had a tearful going away on Thursday. Time to move on. For all the struggles we've dealt with in the last several years, things are finally becoming sewn into place. Trying to get things nailed down to swap vehicles and move the camper to Alabama, and a snag is hit. I felt that we would run into this particular one, so it came as no shock. In order to swap vehicles to move the camper ourselves we would drive up to Virginia Beach, back down to Lejeune, down to Alabama, back up to North Carolina to swap back, then back down to Alabama. It would be way to much driving for all of us. And it would be done in a relatively short amount of time. Trying to be wise on both time and money, I suggested we speak to a tech who has a moving business about helping us out rather than swapping vehicles. My argument was met with some resistance, but eventually he caved. Nothing is free, and nothing worth doing ever comes cheap it seems. We are being allowed travel pay for moving which helps out massively for this endeavor, and as I type the husband is working out the details of this particular plan. The moral of this story? We need a truck. Unfortunately we have to wait about ninety days to get our ducks in a row to purchase the truck, which isn't bad. This whole move would have just run simpler if I didn't have a mom-mobile and we had a truck. Boys and their trucks. I hate it when he's right!
The kids got to see "santa" last night. With all the screaming children "patiently" awaiting their turns, it was enough to make many of us wish for a noose! (I joke, mostly). However, it's not about us but about the kids and they did have a good time overall. Ahhh, the sounds of the season! Bring on the eggnog!!
It's rainy and dreary outside. I want to put on my jammies and watch whatever will make the boys sit still and quiet, but I must venture out to a previously scheduled engagement. Here's hoping we have met the most of our fated hurdles, though I doubt we are quite that lucky. Happy Holidays indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE blogs BTW! So thank you for writing one. I think you are #1000 (for blogs that I follow) Most of them are craft blogs (that's why, I follow so many) BUT anyway, I love having one more to read. Camper life sounds exciting so far! Maybe when this is all over you can turn your blog in to "The Camper Diaries" the movie! Have fun and be safe during the move.
    TTYS

    ReplyDelete