Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Going to church doesn't make people Christian any more than standing in a garage makes them a car...

I'm guessing that today's title will get some fuses lit, but I'll get to that later...
I'm watching a gorgeous color of steel gray approach from the west. At least I think it's the west, it could be north or south. I'm never quite certain. It concerns me only because I hand washed a load of laundry in my kitchen sink today that is outside attempting to dry on the line, and a thunderstorm will definitely hinder that progress. I hand washed laundry for three reasons. The first reason is I'm tired of spending at least one afternoon a week at a laundromat that is either in full surround sound Spanish or the other one which is many miles from my house. Second, there is one washer and one dryer here at the campground but a particular woman in a different lot has taken it upon herself to tie up those machines every single day with her laundry and God only knows how a family living in an RV can make so much laundry that it has to be washed every single day. If by chance the machines are open it is later in the afternoons when I don't have too much time to be schlepping back and forth because I have to work. And the third and final reason (for now anyway) is because my wrist was just beginning to heal and I felt the need to reinjure myself wringing out an entire load of soaking wet chothes. See? Now that I've vented I feel better.
I had the joy of attempting to enroll my five year old in Kindergarted recently. It was only by the kindheartedness of the office staff at the nearby Elementary School which allowed me to enroll this child without a lease or mortgage or somethingorother. So, much to this little boy's delight Kindergarten did in fact begin this morning. However, midway through the school day I recieved a telephone call informing me that this little man relived his morning breakfast all over the floor in class and could I come pick him up. So the first day of Kindergarten will be attempted in a "take two" on Wednesday. Only to us would this happen to. All I can do is smile.
Okay, I just brought the laundry inside because the always correct weather people just said we're under a "severe thunderstorm warning." Eh, they could be right this time. They were definitely correct a week ago when the "chance of a thunderstorm" turned into hurricane Huntsville and category 4 winds blew without warning nor break for over half an hour. It was madness. At 11:55 pm we were awakened by the trailer being rocked side to side and the snapping of trees at the trunk could be heard all around us. It felt as if the hand of God Himself had reached down from the heavens to wake us up. Luckily our camper inferred no damage, though several sites around us were not so lucky. Who knew deciding to live this lifestyle would come with come with such risk and threat?
I decided that today's title would be a little bold because of living here in the "bible belt." It just seemed to fit some things I've noticed over the course of our stay. Nothing personal  ;)  .

No comments:

Post a Comment