Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just about the time we can finally make ends meet, somebody moves the ends...

It's a beautiful day outside, so I took the time to shoo the boys outside and finally get some things done inside. With so little space, every ounce of matter created by another body takes up valuable space I could use to be productive! And that's called physics, or something like that. My son took time out of his busy schedule of creating messes both in the floor and in his pants to remove a cabinet door from the wall. Just yanked the door, screws and all, and left it dangling. I'm impressed, it proves he wasn't switched a the hospital! I also learned this past week that the RV supply stores carry everything an RV owner could or should need- except for the few items I need. They do not carry the correct size grate which I need to replace the one which my high heel plummeted through on New Year's Eve. Figures. It is just a daily reminder that I am not the graceful being I once believed I was.
We are busy gearing up to watch the big game- or rather to watch the Superbowl ads and endure the football that takes place in between them. I love football, but my team was out eons ago. It's still a good excuse to drink beer, and I'm always on board with that. Because the gods were indeed good to us today and made the weather bearable, we are grilling chicken out on the grill (a good place to grill, wouldn't you agree?)
It snowed yesterday, but just light flurries and nothing to stick. If I didn't know better I would believe it was the End of Days because of the weather, but I'll try to think positive. I wonder what we will do with all the money we save when we don't have to burn through propane just to stay warm?
So far I really miss my washer and dryer more than anything else. Except maybe a bathtub. No, the washer and dryer are number one. Perhaps I could feel a bit better if the laundry facility offered washers that actually got clothes clean and dryers that took one cycle to actually dry clothes. I gave up and have shirts hanging around the inside of the RV drying and some pants on a sweater rack outside using God's dryer instead. Improvisation is key.
Well, I suppose I'll be thankful that nothing major has happened in the last little bit. I should thank my lucky stars and save up some of that positive energy for the next big oops. It's only a matter of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment