Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets...

It's raining again. Thunder, lightening, mud, the works. I'm ordering pontoons for the camper soon. As I look out the window right now it is still doing all those previously mentioned things, yet it is impossibly green outside. Not just the trees and grass, but the lighting! It's very, very green!....Maybe beer number three was an overstep....
We had to buy a duvet cover today. It was less than cheap, but necessary. Essentially all a duvet consists of is two sheets sewn together at three sides with buttons on the fourth. Why does it cost so much? It's a sham. Which, ironically, were two useless items (pillow shams) contained in our duvet purchase. The purchase of the duvet came at the behest of the husband spurred on by the cowardly dog leaping onto our bed this morning at 5:45 am with the first clap of thunder. Followed moments later by the three year old.
I'm sensing a pattern.
There was a break in the storms for a bit this afternoon where the father let the children go outside. Cut to twenty minutes later where both children are covered in mud...along with the dog. Ah, therein lies the reason for beer numero uno....
There are no actual tornado sirens here at this campground. I suppose that's ok. We have internet and cell phones. What I do feel a bit bad for is the park security who must go door to door in the event of a warning or other emergency. These things happen in rain and wind. That can't be fun. And our new tornado "shelter" is quite far away. Although, now that I think on it, it would force me to drive to said shelter. Thus, alleviating the aforementioned "oops" wherein I managed to get myself and the kids/dog stranded in rain without transportation. Right?
I was informed by an official "Alabamian" that the four seasons of the state are as follows: football season, hunting season, tornado season, and summer. That wasn't on the rotary club's pamphlet either. It's the little things you learn in life that keep you going.
My children are currently watching "Tom and Jerry," which they love. And I'm realizing how much my cat looks like "Tom." Well, a cross between Tom and a great white shark. There's no story there, just something I felt like sharing.
Well, I'm turning in for the night. The rain isn't letting up and the steady sound on the roof is becoming a lullaby for sleep...zzzzz.....

No comments:

Post a Comment