Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea...

As I sit here typing my beautiful feline friend Mazi is curled up next to me. I'd like to think it's because of his love for me, though I know it's because one of the boys is taking a nap in my bed (where the cat usually naps). But I'll take it. There are nasty dark clouds rolling in over the mountain to our west, and I am eagerly awaiting the "sky is falling" sirens that will inevitably play. And once again, I'm sure those sirens will be crying wolf- at least for this locale.
We have a new transient next door, just arrived today. It's a motor home circa 1981, fully equipped with hot pink and bright blue striping. Hot pink? That's a commitment to tacky-ville right there. I'd love to see my husband's face if I ever seriously suggested hot pink be anywhere in our life! There is also a trailer two rows back that is quite large, and it is a horse trailer! The back third has adequate traveling facilities for (looks like) four horses, and I am guessing that the front is a regular camper. But I've seen no horses, and I have been wrong before. Oh dear, thunder rumble number one! There's the whistling wind in accompaniment.
I'm potty training the three year old. He hasn't quite learned the difference between #1 and #2. He says "I gotta go peepee" and then sits on the toilet to be followed closely by "I gotta go poopoo" and stands up and turn around. If he's anything like his brother, there will be at least one point where I'm not around to catch that mixup but just in time for cleanup. The joys of motherhood?
Well I believe there are dishes serenading me from the sink. Not gonna wash themselves, believe me, I've waited!

No comments:

Post a Comment