Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity...

It snowed eight inches last night. The snowstorm contained lightening and thunder, a first for me to experience. It took less than three minutes for my husband to lose his glove this morning while taking the children out to play in said snow. And it took less than ten minutes for the children to be whining and crying that they were cold and no longer interested in playing in snow. For the price of this snow we will suffer one week of ice, sludge, and cold before it hopefully becomes a thing of the past. Tell me again why I think snow days will be fun? Wet clothes, shoes, and dog from playing in snow equal more moisture in the RV which- if you've been paying attention- is my nemesis numero uno. The windows are again ripe with condensation and my once clean floors are no more. Such bliss.
We are huddled inside for the remainder of the day since the kids no longer think the snow is fun and because quite frankly, I don't think it is either. I'd much prefer to be warm and dry. I feel a nap coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment