Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

There is an exception to every rule, except this one...

It's always good to have a backup plan. This is especially true in my life as the tally over my 34 years has been very heavily leaned in favor of plan b as opposed to plan a. No real reason for this little thought today, just something I was thinking about.
I got my wish for rain to melt the snow, but I forgot that rain is wet and thus still adds to the moisture that has become my life. I can't wait for summer. Check back in the summer, I'm sure I'll be wishing for fall. The rain does sound so calming as it falls on the metal. I'm so thankful I got all the laundry washed yesterday so that I don't have to be out in the rain doing it today. Now, if only that magic gnome would come and fold and put all the laundry away I feel my life would be complete! But alas, the clothes remain in a pile on the sofa looking at me with disdain. Laundry truly is a thankless job.
I made a "gourmet" Italian meal last night. It was the most cookware I've used in the RV to date, and as I cleaned the kitchen the water from the sink fogged up all the windows. Again, moisture. My counter has permanent dishes drying in the rack and clutter next to the door. If I think too hard about all the crap everywhere as I look around I'm certain I will lose my mind, so I try not to do so. 
On a positive note, we have the four year enrolled in Pre-K five days a week. Now the catch will be trying to find a way to entertain the three year old during his brother's absence while also doing my graduate studies. Maybe I can do it, we shall see.
Being out of military life has its challenges. Insurance is our current hurdle. We enrolled in BCBS, began paying (out the wazoo) the premiums, but have yet to receive any paperwork. I figured it just got misapplied in the mail somehow. So I telephone BCBS who then tell me they have no record of me or our family having insurance through them. Fantastic. So I have handed that little assignment off to the husband, as he will be in charge of finding out what/where/and why. Man, I sure do miss Tricare.
Well, the rain is taking its toll on my ability to resist a nap. Stay tuned for more adventures.....

No comments:

Post a Comment