Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Oh the weather outside is frightful.....

We survived the New Year and I have "welcomed" the flu. I suppose germs do spread fast in small spaces. Patiently awaiting the "winter storm" which is being predicted for the Tennessee Valley over the next two to three days. Which brings yet another link in our adventure chain. We needed to fill up our propane tanks, you know, for warmth and cooking, but of four places we went all were sold out until the last one! I was on edge! What do we do if we can't find propane? A hotel? With pets? Madness I tell you! However, with prayers answered we did find a provider to fill up both tanks plus our grill tank, just in case. Small victories.
So I took inventory of all the things I have broken or destroyed so far. It's only been a month, my body count is quite high (and amusing). I've broken: two cabinet doors (tore them off their hinges), a doorknob, the drawers in the bathroom, a knob off a cabinet, and a grate in the bathroom. Yep, stepped through it with my heel. Apparently I weigh more than I thought. We are only into month two. Who knows what else I can destroy in the foreseeable future! Oh, and a portable heater. That one really got under TJ's skin. As I watched him get severely frustrated at me for breaking it I could not help but break out into hysterical giggles. I mean, he knows me, he knows who he married! I'm a bull in a freaking china closet! Of course I'm going to destroy things at an alarmingly high rate! ESPECIALLY living in a home the size of a one car garage! That's just me. Don't even get me started on my delicate ability with eggs!
The kids are doing great. Other than having way to many toys in their tiny room, I think they think we are on some sort of crazy vacation. I laugh at their bath times because they are very much like prison showers. They stand in the shower, I hose them down, soap 'em up, and hose 'em down again. Poor things, I hope I'm not scarring them for life!
Well, I suppose it is time to tuck the little ones into their bed, put on my jammies and watch a movie. The temperature is steadily dropping, the wind is whistling, and we are awaiting the snow. I can't wait to see what other little curve balls will be thrown to use in the upcoming days! Bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment