Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Memory is what tells a man his wedding anniversary was yesterday...

So cooking on or in our stove requires propane, and propane is not cheap. So as often as possible...I eat out. I'm kidding, seriously as often as possible I try to microwave dinner somehow. I purchased a premade lasagna on our last grocery run because for one- it's already made. For two- I couldn't begin to know where to start to make a lasagna from scratch. If you'll remember I've admitted that I am clumsy and lack attention to detail. Another one of my admitted areas where I am lacking is my ability to read and follow directions. The packaging for cooking the lasagna clearly stated that the wattage for a microwave should be no less than 1100. I did not read that, and our microwave is a 900w. So I split the diff and microwaved for ten minutes and oven the rest for 45. Whatever, it cooked. But maybe I should start to read packaging. Details details.
Today is laundry day, and it rained. Doing laundry in and of itself is not fun, but carrying laundry baskets through puddles of mud? Less fun. I will say one thing for certain: I will never again take for granted having a washer and dryer in house. I will cherish them when they eventually again re-enter my life.
I'm trying to potty train the three year old. I've been changing diapers for eight years now. A friend told me to think of all the things I could buy with the money we save once we're out of diapers, but I feel as though if it takes much longer I might actually be IN diapers again once they're all trained! It's good to have a positive outlook, right? I'm bribing the child with chocolate. So he either becomes potty trained OR I'll be raising a chubby kid or diabetic!
Well, they're predicting snow again tonight. And I was lovingly informed by a resident friend that forecasters are predicting the largest snowstorm to hit this area in over a hundred years for next week. Oh joy. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready to move back up North where it snowed less and was actually warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment