Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence...

Did you know that every move made inside an RV makes the whole thing shake? I do, but my four year old apparently does not realize that even though I'm at the kitchen table I can feel him bouncing around on my bed while having "quiet time." Seriously. The dog scratches, the trailer moves. The cats jump down, the trailer moves. It's like living on a boat. Or an airplane. I have the fan on right now and the sound resembles the noise that airplanes make when you turn on their fans.
Somewhere between 2006 and now my husband lost patience. Now I'm not saying he was ever the most patient and laid back person I'd ever met, but I somehow don't remember him losing his cool quite as quickly as he does now. I'll blame P-T-S-D, though I'm certain it's from P-A-R-E-N-Ting. Of course, when two little boys decide to run, jump, yell, and wrestle in a space the size of a cracker box I guess I can understand the frustration. Happens to the best of us. And since he has become meticulous about things having certain spots and those things should always be in said spots- maybe being married to me is not doing much to spur his patience either. I'm not meticulous. I'm clean, and I like things put away, but attention to detail in every aspect of life does not fall anywhere on my resume. Hopefully there's a job out there for me one day where I can fill the opening that requires "bull in a china closet" and "lacks attention to detail" but "has a sense of humor." I can only hope.
The other morning, I want to say yesterday but I know that's not it, I was sleeping peacefully (as were the children) and the husband opened the sliding door to let the dog out. I was unaware that the door had iced shut, so in my slumber I was awakened to a sound very much resembling change being dumped into a metal can (or something like that). I snapped up- was he kidding me with this?! What was he doing?!? After he explained the scenario I laughed, but wow. Those type of noises were most certainly not in the brochure!
My "Spidey Sense" tells me that nap time for the three year old is drawing to a close. Now for round two for the day of yelling "no" and "stop that" and of course, "keep your hands to yourself!" What must the neighbors think of us???

No comments:

Post a Comment